Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Danika

Okay I have to tell you that I'm pretty proud of this cake. It started out as a sheet cake. I was planning on decorating a butterfly on that but as I was frosting it, it was crumbling (you know how the top comes off with the frosting?). I couldn't get it to look at all decent. So I mixed it all together then molded it into the shape of a butterfly. Decorated the top and taa daa.
Jacob got her a Barbie with a car.
A Poochi pup she got from AndrewShe enjoyed all her presents (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa's too). I really liked the dress she got from my sisters, I wish they made one my size :)
It's hard to believe that I have a nine year old. How in the world did I become old enough to have a nine year old ha ha. Just yesterday she came to me and said she was worried about marriage. My nine year old is stressing about getting married???? "Wo, sista, it's years away, don't worry about it." We love you Danika and are so glad you are a part of our family. You are a little mommy and help me out so much. Thanks for sharing your sweet smile with us.

7 comments:

Our Crazy Family said...

Happy Birthday Danika!!! You rock!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I remember when you moved in and she was a sunbeam I think. So grown up, I hope you had a great birthday, and the cake is fantastic!!

Nat said...

Way to go on the cake! I can't believe you've go a NINE year old! That's insane! Oh wait, I do too! If she's lookin' for love, I've got a few good lookin' boys she can choose from! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Danika!(o:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Danika! We send our love and best wishes from Price!

K and J said...

Hey Sandra, long time :)
I read your blog at times to catch up on your super cute family. It's so much fun.
I did want to add, if you freeze your cakes. They are MUCH easier to work with. and. they are still super moist and delicious when they thaw. I just learned this trick :)
Any ways. Cute cute family. the cruise looked super fun and happy birthday to 1/2 of your family this month. :)
hope to see you at the Easter party at Grandma's.

Raelynn said...

Funny!! marriage talks already!! :) too cute!