Monday, March 15, 2010

Prepare yourself

So my sister told me I needed to get on the ball and post more pics. I'm warning you...there's a lot I hope you don't get bored. I thought I would post the entertainment part. These two were amazing. They took hula hoops and did so many cool tricks with them. At one point the girl had eight hula hoops and was spinning them while skating.
This slinky was pretty cool.I find it amazing that a cruise ship can have a ice rink, mini golf, basketball court and so much other stuff. We played a lot of ping pong. We did a doubles competition but we got beat out, Kevin was pretty bummed ha ha.

Ready to climb the rock wall.


This is our dinner group. We told the couple there that we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary. They said they were celebrating their 30th but it wasn't for a few months.
"Oh really? That is the same with us. When is your anniversary?"
"May 9th."
That is our anniversary date. How coincidental that it was the same day. We also found that the guys birthday is the same as BriLynn. Oh and I also tried Escargot for the first time. It actually wasn't that bad.
Do these two look familiar to you?
How about now?They are the Nelson twins. The ship had a tribute to Ricky Nelson (their father) So I have to tell you I didn't know who they were at first. Then they showed the picture of them with the long blond hair and I almost screamed. I remember hearing them when I was younger and since my sister and I were twins we would always pick which one we liked ha ha. They really put on a great show. Shows how crazy life can be...you go from singing number one hits to singing on a cruise ship. ha ha.

8 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

You guys look like you are having a great time!
I am sorry that it ended on a sour note.
You will look back in a while and say, "that was a blast"!!!

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a great time, and I bet it was relaxing without the kids. I loved all the pictures!

overlyactive said...

You're back and what a fun time you had!!! Can't wait for the girls to get together and you can tell us all about it!

Virginia Taylors said...

I love Calamari and snails!!! Watch out...now you may try anything.

Raelynn said...

you look tan!!!! and it looks like you guys had a GREAT time!!!! myso jealous!!!

dancin' momma said...

I can't believe it's been ten years! We must be getting old. :) Cruises are the best (minus being sick)!

Sharane said...

Woo-woo for the Nelson twins! ;) That is too funny! I TOTALLY remember liking them. Thanks for sharing so many photos, you and your hubby are so cute together. We were married on May 15th, Great month to be WED! Bummer about the icky-sicky you guys had. :( Other than that, it looks like you guys had a Great time! So glad you were able to get away for your anni. So, to someone who has never been on a cruise, ME, would you recommend it? :)

triplej said...

I loved the Nelson Twins...how fun! It looked awesome. Hope Danika had a great day yesterday! Kirina has a little something for her.