Tuesday, February 8, 2011

LOOKIE LOOKIE

Look who got glasses.
A few weeks ago while in Sacrament I saw Andrew squinting a little to see the numbers posted for the songs. When he said "Mom, is that 128?" and it was 133 (or something like that) I knew he needed an eye exam. It was so exciting to see him recognize things such as the sign above the fridge that says "Thou shalt not weight more than thy refrigerator" he said he couldn't read it before. I remember what it was like when I first got glasses. It's like a whole world opened up.
He is already asking me about contacts. I can't see an eight year old wearing contacts but maybe some do. I was in seventh grade when I first got mine.
Well I guess wishing didn't work. We were hoping the kids would get my teeth and Kevin's eyes. I've never had braces or cavities and he's never had eye problems. Oh well, we sure think he looks handsome.

Anyone notice BriLynn in the picture again. I swear the girl can hear when I click the camera on. She's a little ham :)

4 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so cute!:)

Kara said...

I remember feeling SO COOL when I first got glasses! I think I was in 4th grade. I started wearing contacts in 7th grade, too, but my husband started in 2nd grade--they couldn't keep him from breaking glasses! Silly boy! You're kids are so cute!

To answer a few questions: We are in Greenville, NC now and will be here for another 1.5 years while my husband finishes up his residency in Internal Med/Peds. He grew up with Natalie and her family. They were in the same ward. I knew Nat's brother Jeff at CEU and then we were in their parents' ward right before we moved here--her dad was the bishop. I guess that's where I really got to "know" Natalie. She's a fun girl from a fun family! :)

I'm excited to keep up with you! ...if you don't mind. :)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Kaitlynd got her glasses last year. She loves them! She is turning 11 tomorrow!!

Heather K. said...

8 years old and wanting contacts? I tried putting in colored contacts and it was hard! Haha! I guess if you get used to it but I thought I was going to pull out my eye when I tried grabbing out the contact..yeesh! He does look handsome with his glasses.