Monday, February 7, 2011

PARTY PARTY PARTY

When I only had one or two kids I would throw parties all the time. I LOVE to decorate with balloons and get games, prizes, etc together. Well I've noticed the more kids we have the less parties I throw. I remember throwing a Fourth of July Party for Danika when she was two....what two year old is going to remember that? It may be that I'm getting older and tired but I don't throw as many and I figured before I had the baby I better do something. I didn't want to leave any of the kids out so I had them each invite two friends, (well except BriLynn, because I now know that two year olds really don't care). I figured that would be 13 kids total. It was a bit different trying to entertain the range of ages from 4 to 10 but I think it went well. Here are some pictures. It was warm for the first little bit for them to go outside and play. Our next door neighbors showed us this game and the kids love it. You pair up, blow a cheese ball with a straw and see how many you can get in your partners mouth. The one who gets the most wins.


We did a maze, colored, played bingo, had a heart hunt and competed to see who could pop a balloon the fastest by sitting on it.
And of course decorated and ate valentine cookies.
I have to say I was really sad for Andrew. Neither of his two friends showed up. I had talked to one of his friends parents and it sounded like they were coming. I had written on the invite to call if they weren't able to attend. Just for this reason, I could have had him invite someone else. I was heartbroken as he was sitting looking out the window waiting for them. I kept giving him suggestions of others we could hurry and call but nope...he didn't want anyone but the two kids he invited. I felt horrible. He warmed up after a couple games and participated but I know he was really hurt. I still feel sad just thinking about it.

5 comments:

Shanell said...

It drives me crazy that parents won't rsvp. That is too bad, I know Royce would have loved to go!

Sandra said...

He was his first choice but you guys were in school today. :(

Inspired said...

That is so sad! However, you are so clever and I am pretty impressed that you had the urge to throw a party being so pregnant, so kudos to you!

Kara said...

Sandra, you are such a fun mom! I have yet to throw a kids' party and my oldest just turned 5. *sigh* Maybe next year. :)

I love seeing your cute little family. What a good looking bunch!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

that is SO fun, except for the germophobe in me... the cheese ball thing would make me queasy...