Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Fun

I loved Valentines Day as a child. The anticipation of who would give you what kind of valentine and what it would say. You always looked so much deeper into a meaning. If a boy gave you one that said "Be my Sweetheart" you took it as they really liked you and wanted to go out. I can see my kids doing that. It's become a nightly thing for Andrew to tease Danika that Chris loves her. Then Danika teases back that Brittney loves him. Ahh the memories. I wanted to share something fun I found. My friend made these cute candy cane suckers on her site and I wanted to try them. You can check out her blog on the side bar, it's under Healthy Food Should Taste Good. I tried to add a link but it wouldn't work. This is how they turned out.
Thankfully my sisters had a box of candy canes from Christmas they let me have. Thats not something you find easily this time of year. If you want to know exactly how to make them check out my friends site.
I'm attaching a succor to these bags of cookie cutters for the kids teachers.

Growing up my Mom would always have a valentine on our plate for Dinner. I've continued that tradition but also do it for breakfast and lunch also. I know what I'm making for breakfast and lunch but I still need to think of a fun idea for dinner. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Since Valentines is on a Monday this year, the hubby and I are celebrating on Saturday. We are going to the American West Heritage Center for dinner and a magic show, should be fun. Have A Happy Valentines!

6 comments:

Amy said...

sandra thanks for the little plug, your candy cane suckers turned out so cute! don't you just love them?! so easy, cute, and yummy! :]
amy

Calli said...

Your such a fun mom!! I love it!

Tina said...

Okay... I HAD to try these. I checked out your friend's page and made some of these tonight. Planning to give them to my primary kids tomorrow. :)
Cute idea!

Felicia said...

Have you figured out dinner yet? I'm still thinking about ours, but I'd better figure it out soon!

I know I'm making a chocolate cake roll with strawberry filling, and I know I want a green salad with beets cut into a heart shape.

I was also thinking of homemade soft pretzels--either in a heart shape, or I'll just call them "love knots"

I'll probably just end up making spaghetti. It's Dillon's favorite, but not Todd's...

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

those suckers are amazing! :)

triplej said...

Adorable! Great job. Love the cookie cutters!