Friday, February 25, 2011

Confessions of an average mom

Today the inadequate bug has hit my home. It all started while looking up different blogs. It's amazing how many blogs there are out there. I usually only check my friends blogs but (since the kids hadn't woke up yet) I figured I had some time to mosey onto some different sites.

One has tons of amazing crafts they created
Another has gourmet meals
Professional photos on another
Homeschooling Moms that seem to do it all or
Moms who have written books

When I read them it makes me think....man I don't do any of those things...man...I don't do anything! Then I think...I need to be more creative, inventive, crafty, organized, patient, etc (the list goes on and on)....it gets one down and tired just thinking about all the areas where improvement is needed.

I need to remember that we are all in different situations. I'm comparing myself to others which only leads to feelings of inadequacy.

I'm doing the best I can and that is all my Heavenly Father asks of me.

8 comments:

Karen E. said...

If you want to feel better, just check out my blog. It's proof that I'm not creative, inventive, crafty, organized, or patient. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

The same thing happens to me with blogging. It helps me to remember that blogs are like highlight reels, they don't show all the other stuff that goes on. I've actually had to cut out reading some blogs that habitually make me feel inadequate. I'm not gonna give in to that trap.

Remember, you are an amazing woman, a great friend, a loving wife and mother, a devoted daughter and sister, a caring neighbor, the supportive woman next to our bishop, someone always willing to lend a hand, and so much more. Most of all, you are a daughter of God. That in itself is enough. <3

Mandy said...

We all have our own gifts that Heavenly Father gave us. And you are amazing to raise 5 children with #6 on the way!! I couldn't do that. I like what the above comment the mother with the wild boys said "blogs are like highlight reels" So true. Mine however not so much just like yours its plain, simple, and real :)

Calli said...

Well you are pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.. I love how for every holiday you do something special for your kids.. Your kids will always remember that stuff.. Not how patient or organized you were just that you were great!

Daughter of God said...

I think all of us moms have felt this way at some point or another. I know I go though that all of the time. You're doing a good job, you're great! I can't imagine havig all the kids you do and a husband that has a demanding calling like kevin. :]
amy

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

You know what, whenever I read blogs like that, when people are totally "into" something... I wonder how they have any time left for their kids. Maybe they do, but I'm just not like that either :) I'm working on 4 little souls that Heavenly Father has entrusted to me... that takes just about all I've got.

You're a great MOM! :) That IS what matters.

Jessica said...

You are amazing, and I compare myself to you a lot! I can barely get anything done in a day, and only 2 kids in school with their homework is about more than I can handle. You amaze me, and you always have!!

Felicia said...

I feel like this too sometimes.

Something to remember is that a lot of those blogs out there are earning money, and it's really like a job. My friend makes over $1000 a month from her blog...so it really is a full time job for her. I've seen first-hand how crazy it gets to keep up a blog like that.

You've got your priorities in order, and you are always a great example to me.