Tuesday, March 1, 2011

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY LUKE!!!

Thanks for all your encouraging words from the last post. I felt so good after reading them.
Our little Lukie Ookie is six today. He is such a happy boy and we are so blessed to have him be a part of our family.

The day he was born. He was our biggest baby weighing in at 9 lbs 4 oz.


His first birthday...he really wanted the cake.

Two


Three

Four

Five

And six. We went to his class today to celebrate. We got to tell them all the things we love about him. We showed pictures and he told about all his favorite things. In this picture he is calling on his classmates and then they say something they like about him.
While they are saying it Mrs. Hadfield writes it on his crown.



He wanted a batman cake and this is the best I could do.

I was a bit bummed out this morning as I learned that the toy we had bought him online wouldn't get here today. We ordered it on the 22nd and it was to be shipped out priority 3-4 days (plenty of time). What makes me upset is that they didn't even send an email to let us know it was back ordered. I should have called a couple days ago but I'm blaming my lack of memory on pregnancy brain. Oh well, we got him something else and I think he will be excited when it comes. Just an extended birthday surprise right?

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Happy birthday Luke!

I think your batman cake looks great!

I have to go figure out something Mario themed right now. I love planning themed parties, but the cake is my least favorite part. Cake decorating is not my forte.

Can you believe it's been six years since our babies were in NICU together? Time flies when you're having fun!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! What a cutie :)

That's a bummer about his present, but very ironic... I ordered a present for Beck on the 22nd online that was supposed to be here yesterday... so I went to Smith's and got him something else.

I'll save his other present for Christmas or something..

I hope Luke has a great day!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

P.S. The Batman cake is awesome!

SMITH FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday!! That is a cool cake.

Steph said...

Happy birthday to Luke! We love that little guy! And to answer your question, Scott will graduate in the spring, but we aren't thinking Logan anymore, it just doesn't seem right, which is weird when it did 6 months ago. But he is applying all over the west, and Missouri. So we'll probably be moving in the summer sometime.

I hope the baby comes soon. We can't wait to meet him!