Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HE'S HERE

A picture before delivery
Jonathan Brandon Westwood: Born March 28th at 1:17. Weight 7lb 9oz and 20 inches long. Things went great. We arrived at 8:30 to check in. I got all hooked up at around 9:30 and then our little guy arrived about four hours later. It was the fastest induction for me. I knew at around 1 that I was ready to push and I told the nurse. She checked me and said "Yep, I'll get the doctor." I laughed and she said "try not to laugh, he's coming". A push and a half later and he was here. He is wonderful and we are excited for him to be a part of our family.Okay so I hope I don't sound horrible but when they put him on your belly right after delivering I'm thinking "Please clean him up and then hand him to me." It is great to see them right away though and the doctor and nurses were impressed with how pink he was.

First picture with Ma and PaI think this face is funny.
So Thankful for Kevin's parents. They are so wonderful! The kids are super excited that they are here. Not so excited about the rule they have of no kids under 14 allowed to visit. Even siblings. I guess the rule will be in place till next month when all the flu cases reduce.
Thank you for all your well wishes. I appreciate your friendships!

26 comments:

The Crookstons said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting to finally have him here.

Karen E. said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Jonathan is absolutely precious! Congratulations. :)

Dawson Family said...

Congrats you guys! He is adorable. And you seem to handle the birth thing amazingly well, your hair looks put together still, I am always a mess! The Westwoods are the best! I am so excited to see Karin on Fri! Can't wait. You married into an amazing family, but you already knew that :-)
Amy Dawson (Bailey)

Felicia said...

Congratulations! So glad he's here and all is well. You look way too good to have just given birth in those pictures.

I hope the next few weeks go well. I will be thinking of you and wishing I could help out.

Heather K. said...

Okay! He is cute! I had to ask Steph today if you had him yet and I was waiting for pics to be posted! Congrats to the both of you! And of course you can pull off looking amazing after a birth! Psh!

BTW - I don't think that sounds bad at all about about wanting them to clean off the baby first. I feel the same way about that stuff...gew! I'll have to send you a message sometime about it! Haha!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yipee.....he is SO adorable. You are so blessed!!!

Kat Dahl said...

Yaaayyyyy!!! That's awesome! Congrats guys!

Inspired said...

CONGRATS!!! So glad he is here! I love that pic of you and Kevin before delivery, it totally made my day!

Kristi Rowley said...

What a Handsome Guy! And you look fabulous! Congrats! Glad all went well.

Unknown said...

he is so cute! you look great too:) and i love the before picture! those are fun! congrats to your family.

Scoresbys said...

Wow! congratulations! We are so excited for you all. He looks absolutely perfect.

Shanell said...

You look absolutely amazing for just having had your 6th baby, go Sandra! He is so adorable, I can't wait to see him. Glad you have help and support, remember you agreed to call me if I can help in any way. =)

Kellee said...

Congratulations! You DO look amazing! Have fun with all the adjusting and cuddles.

Crystal said...

Congrats on the very quick delivery!

Lena Baron said...

Oh WOW! I'm actually Jealous! Precious Precious Times! Love the pics! You all look awesome!

Nat said...

Oh goodness! He is perfect! Congratulations!

Wishing you a speedy recovery...

SMITH FAMILY said...

Congrats!! Im happy everything went so well for you.

Daughter of God said...

congrats! he looks perfect! but my question is how can you look so good after all of that?!?! :]
love ya
amy

Sharane said...

Thanks for the photos. They are priceless! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly. He is so cute....... and blonde. I totally called it! ;) I hope you are able to get some rest. I'm so glad Bruce & Chris can be there with you all. They are amazing! We love you all!

overlyactive said...

Again--you are amazing! So happy for you.

dancin' momma said...

Congrats!!

overlyactive said...

Glad you are doing so well. I totally forgot the card I had in the car for you. I'll give it to you for your birthday! =)

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

YAY CONGRATULATIONS!

politicchic6 said...

First off, I had no idea you had a blog. Second, congrats you CRAZY woman. I am barely willing to take on one more kid, much less the number you've achieved. Go Sandra!

Shannon said...

What a beautiful little guy! Congratulations!!!