Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's day fun


So of course I had to have a Leprechaun run across the kids lunch. I attempted shamrock rolls. I just rolled out the dough and cut them out with a cookie cutter. I couldn't bring myself to turn them green. It's kinda like green milk, I wouldn't be able to drink it.
The kids still got a kick out of the toilet water being green. Personally I'm looking forward to the grasshopper mint fudge cake I made for dessert :) I went to Kevin's work and tied some balloons to his truck and wrote "I'm LUCKY your mine" on it. It was spur of the moment but I thought it would be fun.
We went up to the University for a fun experiment the physics department did. They dropped 20,000 bouncy balls from a helicopter 100 feet above a parking lot. The kids got 38 balls.



2 comments:

Daughter of God said...

so fun! I love the ideas I'll have to steal them for next year! :]
amy

Kellee said...

We thought about going to the bounce ball drop, but didn't in the end. Now I'm bummed we didn't.

I loved the green toilet water idea :)