Thursday, March 3, 2011

I have only one thing to say

I HATE POTTY TRAINING!

Hate is a strong word and my Mom didn't like us to use it. I do the same with my kids, I like them to use the word dislike instead. I really do HATE potty training though. It's no fun. This is number five that I've potty trained and it doesn't get any easier. Ive read books and tried different tactics but it still depends on the child. Seriously potty training has to be one of the worst parts of parenting. I don't have teenagers yet so that may change. I hope day number two goes better. We are going to a "Potty Party" at a friends so hopefully that will help in things. Wow sorry, I guess I had more than one thing to say.

9 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Best wishes. ;)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I agree...it is one of the worst parts of parenting.
Just remember you will calm down in about a week. Day three was always so much easier.
Good luck!!

Felicia said...

I agree whole-heartedly.

I usually just waited until they did it on their own...even if it took until they were 4.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

ditto x 10!

Nat said...

Amen, sista!!

I hope it goes well for you! :)

Lena Baron said...

Yep! No fun! What's a potty party? Jakob did really well with the potty watch. Just a suggestion. Good Luck!!

SMITH FAMILY said...

I hated it to. Good luck!!

Inspired said...

I agree NOT fun! Hey, I just wanted to tell you that when we moved Elijah said the first day of church, "I hope that there is a friend like Jacob there." I asked him afterwards if there was a friend like him and he said, "No." With a really dejected sad face. I just can't believe how big of an impact they were on each other. Today we are looking at your blog and he is so excited saying, "Someday we will be able to go see Jacob...someday."

dancin' momma said...

I'm definitely part of the "I hate potty training" club! Good luck!