Saturday, February 16, 2008

Alvin and the Chipmunks Movie Review


Kevin went on a cross country ski camp with the scouts so I asked my sisters if they wanted to go to the movies with me. I wanted to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks and knew my kids would enjoy it. I found a babysitter for Jacob so I could take the oldest three. It was a funny movie, there was some potty humor though. There was one part when Dave caught a chipmunk by putting a bowl on top of it. When Dave lifted the bowl the chipmunk farted in his face. Now you would think a mothers response would be, "How revolting!" but I laughed harder than all my kids combined. Sometimes it's funner to be irresponsible don't you think?

For example a responsible parent would say

Mom: Danika, that was inappropriate and probably hurt Daves feelings.
Danika: Oh....okay Mom. (Sigh of disappointment)

Irresponsible Parent

Mom: Danika, wasn't that so stinkin' funny when the chipmunk farted in Daves face? Ha ha
Danika: Ya, ha ha ha ha ha ha (Happy)

Yep irresponsible parent wins!

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

We loved that movie too! Now that Ethan has reached 1st grade, we've come to realize that potty humor is all around us. What can you do? Just let go and crack up! :)
--Shauntae