Thursday, February 21, 2008

Food Frenzy Friday

I think I will start posting a recipe each Friday until I run out of my favorite recipies. We always want new recipies right? My first one will be Tiny Spicy Chicken. It's really not spicy, my kids would tell me if it was.....they would call it "Saucy"

Get how much chicken you want and cut it into bite size pieces

Coat in 5 Tb. Flour and 5 Tb. Cornstarch. (Shake it in a bag to coat)

Deep Fat Fry at 350 till browned. (I never want to get out my fry daddy to do this so I just heat oil in a pot on the stove.)

Combine these ingredients in a bowl- Depending on how much sauce you want you may want to double it.

2/3 cup sugar

3/4 cup vinegar

4 Tb. Ketchp

2 tsp. Soy sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth

and a few dashes of salt

Place the browned chicken in a casserole dish and Pour sauce over it. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Turn or stir every fifteen minutes. Sauce will thicken as it cooks. Serve over rice and enjoy. Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ok, Sandra - I tried it. And I liked it. I was out of chicken broth, so I just used water - it tasted fine.
Dave suggested that maybe the chicken should be a little bit crunchier, so I think I'll throw the leftovers in the broiler for a couple of minutes before serving. Thanks for the great recipe!
(Of course, you know all of this already, since we talked on the phone this morning. But maybe some other blog reader who wants to try the recipe will find it useful. Otherwise you can just enjoy the fact that I liked it in writing. lol.)