Monday, February 18, 2008

Jalapeno Peppers


Saturday Kevin and I celebrated Valentines day. My sisters spoiled our kids and took them to Big J's then the dollar store. We went shopping, ate at La Tormenta and went to a movie (Enchanted) Danika's Teacher Miss Stoddard works there as a manager and was working the ticket office, she saw us and gave us some tickets and told us "It's on me" Thanks Miss Stoddard. Did we ever mention we think you're a great teacher he he. Anyway the worker at La Tormenta brought three little bowls in a stand over to our table. One bowl had radishes, another had a cilantro/tomato/green pepper mix and the last bowl had green jalapeno peppers. Halfway through eating Kevin dared me to try eating a jalapeno. I never pass a dare so I picked one up and took a small bite out of the end. Trying to keep composure I told him it tasted like it had been pickled. He (noticing no wincing or grabing my water in horror) grabbed one and took a big ol' junk out of it......Thats when I mentioned "oh... but it's still hot" Needless to say I had numb lips through part of the movie. Kevin told me he felt the burning as soon as he bit into it and instead of chewing just swallowed to save his mouth.

3 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love love love your new blog layout, it is so adorable!!
--Shauntae

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Ha that was pretty sneaky! I hope Kevin was able to taste his meal. Sounds like a fun date though. We love free stuff.

Tina said...

I'm with Shauntae, loving the new blog layout!