Friday, February 22, 2008

COOKIES!


Speaking about food, cookies is on the bottom of the food pyramid right? I have always enjoyed making cookies and in all seriousness I usually make a batch a week. I was making them today and thought I would share a poem that my Grandma gave us with a cookie jar for Christmas.

A house should have a cookie jar
for when it's half past three
And children hurry home from school
as hungry as can be.
A house should have a mother
waiting with a hug,
No matter what a child brings home
a puppy or a bug.
For children only loiter
when the bell rings to dismiss
If no one's home to greet them
with a cookie and a kiss.
I remember my mom making cookies when we got home from school and the smell was wonderful. Maybe it was a happy time because we knew my Mom was in a good mood to be baking or that we were loved!

I have started a tradition of making a heart shaped cookie for Kevin everytime I bake. I told him he will know he's in trouble if he comes home and there isn't one for him. So far so good.

1 comment:

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Hello Westwoods, I found you on the Gebs and thought I would say hello. Hope you are all doing well. We miss the ward, but we are doing well. Good to see ya.