Friday, June 27, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

So this morning I had another Doctors appointment. Its always nice to hear the babies heart beat but its not so fun to get the other exam part done. Every time I have those exams I think of the joke where the mom forgot that she had an appointment. She rushed to clean herself up by grabbing the first wash cloth she found in a bathroom. Sprayed some perfume and off she went. She thought it was strange that her doctor would say "Wow, looks like someone has been taking care of herself" during the exam. She later found that it was her teenage daughters makeup wash cloth she used which was caked with glitter. How embarrassing would that be! It's embarrassing enough to try and cover your bottom half with those nice paper gowns he he.
Here is this weeks recipe: Sausage Hash brown Breakfast Bake. I actually haven't tried this yet. I got it from my sister this week, it sounds yummy. I've tried many breakfast bakes that sound similar to this one. We like to have breakfast for dinner so I may just do this tonight.
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
1 lb sausage cooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. dried mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Directions:
Grease a 9x13 pan. Place hash browns in pan, sprinkle with sausage and cheese. Combine milk, salt, pepper, and mustard. Poor evenly over casserole. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours or overnight. Take out of refrigerator at least 20 min. before baking. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 min. I hope there's leftovers so I can make a breakfast burrito with it tomorrow umm :)

Just a reminder that if you try a recipe, let me know on the most recent post. I never go back to check the older ones. Anyway, I hope you all have a great Friday!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That would be quite embarrassing. I am glad I never forgot I had an appointment and had to resort to glitter! ;0) Anyway, we love having breakfast for dinner too. I wonder if Dan would be a fan of this. By the way, did you know you could have all of your comments emailed to you when the comments come. I do that and then I never have to check if someone comments on past posts. It all comes to my email.

Kellee said...

I've read that story and laughed my head off! I always think of that too when I go to my OB.

Tina said...

OB visits are no fun! That's a horrible story.
Oh, and I'm with Michelle... have the comments e-mailed to you. :)

Sandra said...

I had no idea you could get them emailed them to you, thanks!

Nat said...

That is so funny about your mom! I would have died! Your recipe sounds tasty. I'll have to try it sometime.