Monday, June 23, 2008

Our flight back

Today was our first day for swimming lessons. They opened up a new class for water babies so I was able to get Jacob in too. I'm in that stage where I don't need a maternity swimming suit but I can't fit in my old one grrrr..... Anyway I'll have to post some pictures for that later. Here is a picture of the kids with Bob and Larry. There was a Veggie Tales show we went to at Silver Dollar City. Now I will share our lovely experience coming home from Missouri. It's nice to hear others struggle with kids. At least it always makes me feel better to know others go through what we do. So hopefully someone will walk away feeling good after reading this. The night before we left, Luke had thrown up. The next day he didn't want breakfast and once again threw up. Great...the day we go on a plane with a bunch of other people and have a four hour drive to the airport. So we packed a bunch of garbage sacks. He ate lunch just fine so we thought we were home free. Danika a little while after started screaming that she was going to throw up. We are in the middle of nowhere! We pull off the road and she says she needs to go to the bathroom...joy. So we try to block her and she has diarrhea...great, I always keep a fresh roll of TP in a rental car. Thankfully, we didn't have tummy problems 'til our flight from Phoenix to Utah. We grabbed some pizza and well it didn't sit well with Luke. Thank goodness for barf bags! Here is a picture of him after that, it just took it all out of him (no pun intended). I think the worst, was the baby so overly tired that he screamed for 45 minutes. I had to apologize to the people around us. I was about to cry when a guy told us we were the most patient parents he had ever seen. Oh and I believe they should make a baby changing table for airplanes. One year old's do not fit on toilet seats! We landed at 10:30 pm and made it home at 1 in the morning. The next morning Andrew woke up and asked "Mom, what is this?" pointing to crusty dried stuff on this PJ's. "Oh isn't that great....that's throw up sweetheart."

9 comments:

Raelynn said...

Plane rides are rough!! That's another thing i can't handle.... throw up!! I think if my kids ever throw up i would have to call someone for HELP!
But now that the plane ride is over you can look back and laugh.. or wonder how the heck you did it and survived!!
You are an AWESOME mom.. Keep up the amazing work!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

My kids have the most tender tummies. I swear they never get sick when it is just us as a family either. It has to be in front of someone else and totally gross them out. I am so sorry, on a plane....yuck.

Tina said...

Poor kids. The whole thing sounds way too stressful for me. Way to go for dealing with it. Oh, and I'll sign the petition for changing tables on airplanes... I remember having to do that with Bridget. Not fun.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I can't tell you how many diapers I had to change on my seat while crouching in that teeny space they have for your feet! I'm sure the people sitting next to me loved that too. ;P
You two are such troopers, and good job getting it all written down, so you can laugh about it later. :)
Oh yeah, our boys love Veggie Tales, they'd be so jealous that you met Bob and Larry.

Steph said...

That's pretty bad. I think that you've been tested to the limit! It's probably good that you didn't drive home. Imagine 16 more hours of that, all over your van! Gross. You guys are awesome parents!

Kellee said...

No, I don't think we ever had a rough day like that...JUST KIDDING! Having sick kids always seems to happen at the most inconvenient times. Glad you guys survived.

Nat said...

Awww...that's too bad! Poor kids! Poor parents! Way to be troopers!

Ellen Oates said...

I have been to silver dollar city. My family is from Illinois and we would meet our friends from Texas there for about three summers and spend a week camping and site seeing. It is a great place. It looks like it has changed a bit since I went last which was probably about 8 years ago.
When we went to visit my family for Christmas, our flight was delayed and stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours and then we circled in the air for another hour before we could land in Minnesota. We were delayed there for 6+ hours, just waiting until a plane could go out in the weather. It was so hard. Halle was only 11 months old, so she had no idea what was going on and then she got a horrible fever on our last flight. UGH. No puke, but I feel for you. I am glad you were so patient and stuck it our, I am sure a lot of people learned from your sweet example! Way to go mamma!

Daughter of God said...

oh you poor thing! Just be glad that you didn't throw up when he was. That is my weakness, Ben has to do all of the cleaning up after throw up. And as for the crying because they are crying,I've done that a few times. Why to be calm you sound like a rock of a mom. :]