Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Little Mommy

BriLynn had her two month checkup today. These two months have gone by fast. She got some immunizations and I was thankful I didn't have Luke and Jacob there to witness her screaming (I'm sure Jacob would freak out every time we went back to the doctor) Thanks Tina for watching them. This is Danika holding BriLynn. I am so grateful that she is such a "little mommy." She loves to help me and hold her sister while I'm busy with dinner or other things. I'm in shock that she will be eight soon, she used to be my baby (sigh). Since she's so close to baptism, last night I did a lesson on repentance. The kids had a great time with our activity, I boiled some eggs beforehand and gave everyone one. We talked about how when we get baptized we are clean and white like the egg. Then I gave each of them markers and we talked about sins. We marked up our eggs talking about what kinds of things would be sins (not obeying mom and dad, stealing etc.) after the eggs were all marked up with sin we broke the shell off to represent repentance and how we can become white again. I was telling Kevin that I'm nervous for Danika, she will be held accountable soon and I don't want her to sin. How grateful I am to know that we can become clean again through repentance.

8 comments:

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Oh Danika is so helpful! I bet she just loves having that extra girl in the house. She's a great big sis!

Kellee said...

OOHHHH! I love that analogy with the eggs. Gotta do that one!

Emily said...

I love that idea with the eggs.

Nat said...

What a great lesson! I didn't realize how young eight was until my baby turned eight...

overlyactive said...

I have been doing baptism lessons for Traeden's sake as well. Last week we did a lesson on the Restoration and Living Prophets. Next I was going to do one on repentance. I'm totally going to use your egg idea! Thanks for posting that.

Kat Dahl said...

When my niece was baptized, my sister did her talk on baptism/repentence with a marked up egg too, except she submerged it in a liquid that looked like water (probably vinager or soemthing) that made all the marker disappear. I kinda like cracking the shell too because we're only baptized once, and from that point on we're accountable with for the delicate life. I give you an A+!!

Tina said...

No problem! Dave was wondering how much BriLynn weighs... he's convinced that Spencer is bigger. I don't think that's possible.
I like the egg thing too. Very clever.

Lena Baron said...

Precious! All of it! Good luck with your basement!