Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanks and Food Frenzy Friday

WOO HOO it's Friday!!! I love Friday's. Thanks for all your input on the tax programs. We searched it out online and found TaxAct. It has great reviews and was only 16.95 to do both Federal and State. I have a trial CD for Turbotax(they charge you when you file). I think I will do both and see which I like better and if they come up with the same figures. I told Kevin I would probably do it by hand too, I think it's fun (call me crazy). Anyway I figured it has been a long time since I have posted a recipe. I actually just made this last night and we all enjoyed it. They are really snacky. It was really easy to make too. I found the recipe in the newspaper.

Potato Skin Poppers

Ingredients:
3 cups frozen diced potatoes (hash browns)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz. Sour cream (divided)
3/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 dash salt and pepper to taste
14 flour tortillas
2 Tbs melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. Cook potatoes according to pkg directions. In a bowl, stir together cooked potatoes, cheese, 1 cup sour cream, bacon, onions salt and pepper. Warm the tortillas, then spoon equal amounts of the mixture down the center of each. Roll tortillas burrito-style, brush with melted butter and place seam side down on baking pan. Bake for 12-15 min., or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, serve with remaining sour cream.

Have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

Marianne said...

That sounds tasty! :o)

Tina said...

yummy!! I will have to try them. As for taxes...they are the farthest thing from my desire...you are lucky that you like that kind of thing. Rob probably wishes I did. Good luck. No I am not working...just busy on Saturday for part of the day...so I can't go to that mothering conference. We need to visit you guys soon....we miss you.

Felicia said...

My nieghbor always does her taxes by hand, and she uses a program as well. She says she doesn't trust the program...but I think she really just likes to do it herself :o)

Me...I'm stressed just to have to go through my files to find the forms we need.

Tina said...

Those look really good!! Can't wait to try them.

Steph said...

Those look So good! Yeah Scott was flat in bed asleep when Kevin called, but he would never admit it. When he called me at work, the symptoms really sounded serious, almost like a heart attach but luckily he is alright. Doesn't mean I didn't have a good cry in the waiting room in the ER. We are so excited that you guys are coming down here for the play! It will be so fun!

overlyactive said...

I'm going to try this recipe. It reminds me of breakfast burritos but I've never done them with potatoes. Thanks for the idea.

LeeAnne said...

Oooo those look tasty!!

In response to your comment on my blog:
I've worked at the Kids Club for nearly 2 years, and though I almost always brought Carlitos with me to work, I had never actually left him there (what can I say, I don't really like "working out" and the few times I had worked out before I left Carlitos with his daddy). I didn't leave him there before mainly because I felt like he already got plenty of Kids Club, and he used to not like it much. If I was going to leave him there, I wanted him to really want to be there (make him think it's for him, not for me, heheh)! But now he actually asks me all the time if we can go!

Raelynn said...

Your FAMILY it so CUTE!! And the new addition is BEAUTIFUL!! Your are truly blessed!! I strive to be a good mom like you!! Thanks for being a good example!!