Friday, May 16, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

Food is disappearing like crazy in our house. You know the phrase "eating us out of house and home"? I have used that more than once in the last month. The other day while we were eating I had just barely got my plate ready when Jacob was ready for seconds. That boy just scarfs food! I teased Kevin that we should crush some diet pills into their food (you know the ones that are suppose to make you feel full) then maybe they wouldn't eat as much. Of course I would never do it but man can they eat! I should deal with it since it will get worse as they get to be teenagers. Anyway here is the recipe for FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY:EGG ROLLS I like to make these, they are so fun to wrap. They make a lot so we usually have my sisters or others over. Ingredients:
Egg roll wraps
Cooked Rice Noodles (I used ramen last time just to see how it would work and it wasn't bad. Its a lot cheaper to use them too!)You can also use rice but its harder to keep off your hands and things while your rolling. I liked this recipe because I'm not big into cabbage.
Chopped carrots
Chopped celery
Chopped onion
Ground cooked sausage.
Add everything in a bowl with a couple eggs and mix. Roll about 1 Tbs. mixture into wrap. To seal shut, wipe with the egg from bowl. Fry at 350 till brown. My friend Tina Mihu that gave me the recipe said she likes sweet chili sauce with them. It is good but plain ol' soy sauce is good also. If you have a different kind of egg roll that you make please send the recipe, I love to try different things. If you want to come over and see how I make them, let me know and we can make night of it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Alright, you got me, I'm a blogger now.:) Oh and thanks again for coming to help us move!