Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Joined at the Hip!

This is Andrew with his best friend Jaxen. I thought that girls were attached but man...these boys mope and complain (his mother has mentioned he does this too) when they can't play together. I swear Andrew goes through withdrawals when a day passes that he doesn't get to play with him. I'm glad he has a playmate but at times its frustrating how much he asks if he can come play. At one point he could entertain himself but now he needs to have friends over. Do any of your kids do this? Danika seems to have calmed down from asking to have friends over but I'm sure with summer coming and her not seeing her friends in school it will start up. I don't mind having friends over but I want them to be content to play at home by themselves and with their siblings also!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Cute picture. I think its fun that they have that bond. Bridget asks about everyday for Marissa to come over, but that's not quite the same. lol.
Anyway, We should be good for walking Friday and Monday... next wed/fri he has to go in at 7:30, so we're still good, just a tiny bit shorter. (P.S. I was 2 minutes late this morning. I should probably bring a clock)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

After reading a few posts about kids' best friends, I'm starting to wonder if my boys are just anti-social. They ask about their cousins, and they like to play together a lot...but they don't really have outside friends. Hmmm...oh well, at least they have each other!

Tina said...

Nevermind all that stuff I said about walking the next several days... Dave now has 7am meetings every day for the next 2 weeks.
How do you feel about walking at 6:00 a.m.??

Nat said...

I need to walk too. Care if I join you?! My neighbor and I used to go 4.5 miles every day, but her maternity leave ran out and she went back to work. Sigh...anyway, my little man, Ethan, is best friends with her little boy. They do the same thing your boy is doing. Levi does this too, and it has only gotten worse since school got out. That's sad...we're only three days into summer vacation! I think it is good to have outside social interaction. Especially if he is going to be starting school in the fall. That way he'll know how to interact with other kids, and if they are in the same class, he'll already have a friend. It is also good to have sibling playtime. I guess "moderation in all things"! That was a really long comment. Sorry!

Tina said...

Yep! 6:00a.m. tomorrow too.
See you then. :)

Steph said...

Last night we made golden chicken and taters, it was so yummy and actually filled Scott up which is good! Thanks for commenting on our blog and sorry about dad. :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Sandra,

I check your blog than I update ours! Your kids are wonderful, beautiful and so much fun. Cherish your time with them, because it's so true that all of a sudden they're almost grown up (Julie, 18 in four months, sniffle, sniffle...).

I have loved every stage with Julie and Morgan, and don't regret at all that they didn't have more play dates. Just follow that wonderful mother's intuition and enjoy every stage. You're a fantabulous mom!!!