Monday, May 26, 2008

Goodbye Guys

Well we have decided that it is time to let Remi and George go. They have been fun pets but the kids no longer play with them. It makes me sad to go downstairs to see them clinging to the cage wanting some attention. When we got them at Petsmart the workers told us they should be played with AT LEAST a half an hour a day. Danika may play with them for five minutes (if that) when she feeds them in the morning. They need a family who will spend more time with them. I posted them on freecycle and this one family was so excited. They already have a rat but she is getting old. They said her kids love to watch TV with her on their laps. I guess that's our problem...I don't want them all around the house "Marking" their territory, we make sure they stay in one room. If not then all I would picture is rat urine everywhere (my apology if you are in the middle of eating something while reading this). Anywho when I told her she was welcome to have them she was so excited. So goodbye Remi and George its been fun and we'll miss you but I'm excited that I won't have to clean your cage anymore.

5 comments:

Steph said...

That's too bad about the rats, but at least your humane enough to know when they need something more. You guys did give them a lot of love but once the kids lose interest, it's hard to see the point of keeping them. Remi and George, it was nice knowing ya, good luck in your future home!

Nat said...

Rats? You're a trooper! I'd for sure keep them in one room, too. I'm not such a big fan of pets at the moment either. Our poor dog stays in his kennell most of the day. Poor boy!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

So long rats...sorry I never knew you (not). :D

Tina said...

My brother used to carry his all around the house too. I hated the things, but I never remember them leaving their mark anywhere.
Glad you found a new home for them.

Amber said...

Rats - wow! I thought we were brave for having fish. I think it's great that you found them a new home. May I just say - don't ever get a hamster. We had a few of those when I was a kid. They stink and their teeth are razor sharp!