Friday, May 23, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

I had a hard time looking for a recipe today, I have a ton of recipes for cookies and other goodies. So I thought I would do a main dish then a dessert. For the main dish...Poppyseed Chicken. This recipe is probably one everyone has but it is a yummy one!

Poppyseed Chicken

Cook 4 chicken breasts and cut into chunks
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
Mix this all and put in a pan
Then mix:
1 tube of Ritz crackers
3/4 cube butter melted
1 Tbs. poppy seeds
Place this mixture over the top of the chicken mixture.
Bake at 350 until bubbled and brown on top. Serve over rice. Or I have tried putting the rice in with the chicken mixture and thats yummy too. If you haven't had this before and try it let me know what you think of it. My kids love it, and I like the crunchy ritz crackers on top.

I got this recipe from Michelle Falabella, she used to live in our ward. It is sooooooo yummy!

Carmel Cake

German chocolate cake
14 oz bag craft carmels
1 can evap. milk
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1/2 bag chocolate chips

Combine cake mix and butter and 1/3 cup evap milk. Stir till it holds together. Press half into a greased casserole dish. Cook for 6 min. at 350 while that cooks mix 1/3 cup evaporated milk and carmels in a pan and melt.
Once the cake is done put the chocolate chips over it and the carmel mixture. Add the rest of the cake mix and bake 15-18 min. Enjoy, as always let me know if you try it out! I don't do well at checking the previous posts so just post on the most recent one, THANKS! HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

3 comments:

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

I've actually had this before but don't have the recipe...THANKS!

Tina said...

sounds yummy!!
I like the new look to your blog too.. very festive. :)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yummy, I have never seen this one. I can't wait to try it! (The Chicken)