Thursday, April 1, 2010

APRIL FOOLS

So I have to say that I didn't always get such a kick out of April Fools. It has been increasing from year to year. Here are some of the tricks played so far. I wrote on the Toilet paper "Help, I'm trapped in the Toilet Paper Factory" It was great because Danika was the one that found it. She screamed after she read it. I stuffed paper towels in shoes. Kevin was funny to watch. He didn't think much of the first shoe after he pulled it out but when the second shoe was a tight fit he knew it was me he he. I put food coloring in the kids bowls this morning and put their cereal in. Once we poured the milk in it changed colors. I had to laugh because Danika before we ate said she was expecting a trick since last year I had "orange juice" that was actually orange jello. I'm hoping this one will be funny for the kids. I sent them to school with their lunch bags but no food. On the note I also have that their lunch is actually in the office and to go get it (I called the Secretary yesterday to see if she would hold them for me). I put the rock in it so it felt heavy like their really was something in it. Then I sent Kevin off to work with this on his truck. I stuck it on with magnets.
Did you pull any pranks? Happy April Fools!

10 comments:

Nat said...

Love it, love it, love it!

The lunch idea was fabulous, and I loved that Kevin didn't think much of having paper towels stuffed in his shoes--until he found the second one. Isn't being a parent hilarious?

A few days ago, Clint said, "there's a pancake in our soc drawer." He just said it like it wasn't a big deal--like that sort of thing happens all the time!

Happy April Fool's Day! :)

Jessica said...

I love it too, no pranks so far. I am going to have to come up with something though!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I totally need to follow your lead. You are hilarious.

You will have to update us on the Honks! That is too funny!

Lisa said...

I have to know about the honk sign, what happened?

Heather K. said...

I just LOVE how you get into April Fool's! I wouldn't think of half the stuff you do. I did do the chocolate ding dong thing today at work though that you did....hilarious! I'll have to watch out for next year though!

Raelynn said...

SUPER FUNNY!!!!! i love playing jokes on people but some don't really enjoy it..
Well i did the one on facebook that everyone fell for.. and then i wrapped a rubber band around the spayer gun thing in the kitchen sink.. and when you turn the water on it SPRAYS you!! i did it to joel!! it was pretty funny to see his FACE and his shirt all wet from getting SPRAYED!! to FUNNY!! we need to have another day that you can prank people.. HAHAHa... :)

Daughter of God said...

lol love the school lunch idea, I'll get to do that next year. :] one I'll also do next year is one my friend did. the night of march 31st after her kids went to sleep they carried them and changed beds so they all woke up in a different bed. so funny, love it!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Those are great. So funny!

Lena Baron said...

That's GREAT! Next year you need to give us some of your ideas EARLY so we can copy you!;)

overlyactive said...

You are so creative!! I really need to do some trick next year, I've been inspired.