Friday, September 5, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

*For all of you in the ward don't forget the Luau tonight!!! There will be yummy food and lots of fun!
Okay for this Food Frenzy Friday I chose a recipe I made this week for dinner. Kevin really liked it.
Baked Breakfast Burritos
6-8 bacon strips
8 fresh mushrooms, sliced (I never add these, I'm not big into them)
6 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove minced
8 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
3 Tbs. enchilada or taco sauce (I used enchilada sauce)
1 Tbs. butter
4 large flour tortillas (9 inches) (I used more tortillas than 4)
Sour cream and additional sauce optional
Directions:
Cook bacon, drain. Reserve 1 tbs. of drippings. Saute mushrooms, onions, pepper and garlic in drippings until tender.
In a bowl, beat eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and enchilada sauce.
In a skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook till eggs are set. Crumble bacon and add that with the mushroom mixture to the egg mixture. Spoon down center of tortillas; roll up.
Place seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and enchilada sauce if desired.

3 comments:

Tina said...

That looks pretty good! Yum!

Steph said...

That sounds so yummy, you are such a good cook, I wish that I was brave enough to try so many new things.

Lena Baron said...

baking them... what a great idea!