Monday, September 15, 2008

The power of a child's prayer

Sorry to scare you with this picture, who knows whats up with the boys huge fingers. Anyway, I don't know how many of you know, but our game cube stopped working around the beginning of July. Kevin had taken it apart, tried to fix it and to no avail. Andrew was crushed but I was happy I didn't hear him ask me everyday to play. Well last week as Andrew was saying his bedtime prayer he prayed that the game cube would work. He asked Daddy if he could try it out the next day and well.....it started working again. We were all pretty shocked. Once again I'm asked everyday if he can play. I'm thinking I'll need to pray for the game cube to accidentally fall apart and burn.

12 comments:

Marianne said...

LOL! That's funny and sweet.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

What faith.

And I might steal your idea of praying for the video games to break. ;)

Felicia said...

I wonder if I have enough faith to pray for ours to STOP working as well. Todd is on a business trip right now and he actually PACKED the dumb thing to take with him. He probably forgot his medication...but remembered the gamecube.

Tina said...

Haha... Sometimes I have to laugh at the things kids pray for. Cute though, and probably a great testimony builder for him.

Let me know if your prayer works as well as his did ;)

Nat said...

That is sweet. I'm glad his prayer was answered, even if you aren't!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I know that we are suppose to keep our kids game time to a min. but I cannot help but love that it keeps them out of my hair sometimes!


And other times I wish it would fall apart and burn.

Company of 5 said...

What a great reminder of the power of a child's faith! I've had past experiences where my kids' prayers have been answered like that.

I'm happy I have three rarely used game devices (v-smile, playstation, playstation 2). My boys are just not big gamers.

michelle said...

How darling they all are. So nice to catch up on your family.

Lena Baron said...

Well, he will never forget that experience. If he does, you can remind him and maybe you'll be grateful...someday.

Amber said...

LOL - I have to wonder though...if your prayer was answered and the GameCube did break, would Andrew pray again for it to start working again? I'm afraid to say that you might be fighting a losing battle there ;)

Anonymous said...

It must be a guy thing... I dont get it?? (:

PITT STOP said...

Wow! Do you really think that would work? Maybe I should, as well, so my boy would stop asking to play everyday right after school. :-O

-Theresa Pitts-