Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gratefulness

Lately it's been depressing to watch the news. The economy well....is going downhill. Not to mention all the horrible acts of violence. It seems like everyday I hear about another business shutting down. Today I heard on the radio that unemployment is at the highest it's been in seven years. I'm grateful for the gospel, grateful that the Prophets have taught us to prepare with food and savings. Who knows what may come, but I know that we will be okay if we heed their council.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I recently heard that President Bush is trying to pass a bill for a $700 Billion dollar bailout for the economy. I guess the government wants to buy up some failing assets. They also said that they haven't done anything this drastic since the great depression. Scary.
But you are right, it feels good to know that we have the gospel and a path to follow and the comfort of knowing that whatever happens, we'll be okay.

Becky said...

I know what you mean about the news being depressing. I've actually stopped watching the news. McCain has stopped campaigning and is going back to the Senate to help get financial stuff back on track. (He's still running for Pres.)

Tina said...

I agree. Though we have been without TV for almost 10 months to a year? It really has changed things around our house. I do miss keeping up with the world a little bit...but I am glad I don't hear about it all the time

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

It is really hard to hear about everything. I just keep in mind that we are doing everything we can to protect ourselves. I don't want to look back and say...why didn't I do that. Ugh.

We are all in it together!

Raelynn said...

I don't watch the news and it hurts my heart when i hear about all the madness around me.. I'm too so GRATEFUL for the church and the happiness it beings to everyone that is following the right path..