Saturday, September 20, 2008

One Last Hurrah!

Luke has been begging to go camping! (I think it's the SMORES!) Since the summer is officially over on Monday we though this weekend would be a good time for one last family camp out. We went to Spring Hollow this time. We were surprised that a few of the sites up the canyon were already closed for the year. We went on a hike the next morning and I kick myself for not taking the camera, it was beautiful!!! We didn't sleep the greatest, but with four kids and being prego who would right? I didn't drink much the night before for fear that I would have to wake up to go to the bathroom....any of you do that while camping? Plus Danika woke up with growing pains in her legs, do any of your kids get these? I did manage to get these few photos. I just wanted to add that while Tina was over here today, Danika had asked to get her swimming suit on and play like she was sun bathing. A few minutes ago I took this picture, this is what she was up to. You may not be able to tell but she hung up a picture of the sun in the left hand corner and then has waves on both sides next to her. She made a little cup with a straw out of paper. Creative...now all the other kids want to get their suits on ....umm I don't think they are ready for the summer to be over yet either.

9 comments:

dancin' momma said...

Those waves are so cute! I love how creative children are!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love that picture of Danika, how funny! She's so creative.

Tina said...

The swimming suite thing was pretty random. I love the paper cup thing though. She looks like she's really enjoying her sun!!
Thanks again for letting Bridget play so long yesterday. She really had a great time!

Ellen Oates said...

Too cute about Danika sun bathing. What an imagination! I also love the pic. of all the kids with huge grins while camping. You got good smiles out of all of them. I am glad you were able to get one more camp trip in before the summer ends. You may not have slept great, but I am sure the kids are so thankful you were willing to do it. What a trooper, pregnant, 4 kids, and camping!

Lena Baron said...

Precious Family! We had such a good time with you guys this Summer at the reunion! I hope we'll be able to play next year some how!

Sharane said...

What cute pics! I love the one of all the kids camping! You have such cute kids! I also think you are a total trooper for camping while pregnant! You are such a fun mom!

-Sharane :)

Steph said...

That picture of the kids is so cute! I saved it on my computer and am going to get it developed for my desk. Also, that video of you guys is hilarious. Even Scott was laughing (although I think he was more disturbed, he's not a HSM fan). But I couldn't stop giggling. And the princess that you are is Meg from Hercules. :)

Tina said...

How cute!! I would like to join Danika in the sun. I love that she made the cup and everything. What a cutie.

You are a brave one to camp. And a cute little prego camper at that.

Company of 5 said...

Ditto for Danika's cuteness and the bravery for camping. Not even I camp at this time of year. I'd just send the boys with their Dad if they wanted to go...oh wait, I'm camping next month--at least it will be in a trailer.