Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time Out

I'm so excited for this weekend. My twin sister Susan and my Mother are coming to go to Time Out For Women up at the University. My other two sisters living here will also be going.I've never been to one but I heard they are wonderful so I'm excited for it. When I told Andrew that the reason they were coming was to go to "Time out for Women" with us. He replied, "Why do you all need to go to time out?"
Speaking of funny kids, I hope my friend Nat will forgive me for sharing this story she shared on her blog. I laughed so hard. I cut some things to make it shorter (forgive me Nat).

About a month after we moved into our house, we got a kitten named Geisha. Three weeks after that, she met her demise when she met two pit-bull dogs. We got another cat and the boys named him Peanut Butter.
We had to take Peanut Butter in to get “fixed”. Andrew and Jimmy were with us for the day, and Levi asked one of them what “neutered” was. Wanting Levi to remain as innocent as possible, the twin replied, “Not ‘neutered’. ‘Tutored’. Peanut Butter is nuts. He lost his mind!” Crisis averted!

Peanut Butter healed and life moved on. About a week after his “procedure”, I stood by the open window at the kitchen sink doing the dishes. I overheard Levi and his friend, Chance, talking and playing in the flower bed. Chance asked, “What’s your cat’s name?” Levi replied, “Peanut Butter”
“Is he creamy or chunky peanut butter?”
Levi innocently answered, “Oh, he’s creamy. He used to be chunky, but then he lost his nuts!”

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Yay for Time out for Woman! My cousin Laurel Christensen (the one that gave me my bridal shower at my sister-in-law's house) is the in charge of that. She gets to travel all over and get the LDS "celebrities" to participate. You will love it, it's an amazing conference. Have fun!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I've been to TOFW twice, it's amazing and so worth your time!

PS-Loved the innocent kid/cat story! Ha!

Tina said...

Great story!
Hope you have a fun time at Time Out for Women, you'll have to let me know what you think. I've never been either.

Nat said...

I still love that story! Something that funny definitely needs to be shared! :) Have fun at TOFW!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

That sound like fun. I hope you enjoy your "time out". I know I would.

The Mann Clann said...

Hey! Hopefully I'll see you there. My mom and I are going too. It's my first time, and boy, do I need a time out!

Tina said...

The Time Out sounds wonderful, and how fun is that to go with your mom and sisters!

Lena Baron said...

I love when a story really makes me laugh! Thanks for sharing. I am so excited for you to go to Time Out. I get to go to a similar event tomorrow (Kanab's Womens Forum.) Such good things! This will be my first too.