Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great time at my parents this weekend. Except for the allergies (it's really dry there and the weeds are crazy!) things were so fun! Here is some pictures of the kids, running through the sprinkler and jumping on the tramp. This is a picture of some of the crafts the kids made. They decorated their own little bags. I'm going to put a notepad and pen in them so they have their own personal bags for church. They made foam picture frames and painted some ceramic statues. This is a picture of the family on Sunday night. It started to get chilly but it was still a nice night. Usually this is the night we gorge ourselves on chocolate and all sorts of candy. Needless to say it's my favorite tradition although I'm sure I gained 10 pounds but loved every minute of it.This is my twin sister Susan's little girl Skyla feeding Jacob. She is exactly a month older than Luke.There was a cute little hound dog there that someone had just dropped off. The neighbors had been feeding it. The kids loved playing with her and Kevin and I pondered on bringing her home. I guess hound dogs need to be inside in the winter time. That was the down fall. We don't want a dog in the house. Even so, we thought about how hard it would be to make a doggy door to the garage. Any thoughts on this? Is it hard to clean up (hair wise) when in the house? Do they chew on things they shouldn't? I didn't have a dog growing up but Kevin did. He has lots of memories of them and wants our kids to also. I think the one thing I don't want to do is clean up their messes inside or out!
Thanks for all the well wishes for my parents. My Dad is doing great, he is getting around really well. They let him out of the hospital just in time for this weekend. My Mom's leg is great also (for those of you who don't know, she had knee replacement surgery) she is doing more and more each day.
We hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend!

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Glad your weekend went well, and that your parents are doing better. I sure did miss your smile during my talk on Sunday though...I was so nervous!

Steph said...

Really it depends on how bad the dog sheds. My dalmation shed everywhere and was in every corner in the house and my mom had to clean up a lot. But she was a blessing to our family and we wouldn't trade our memories for anything. If she's a puppy she will shed, if she's not that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck in the decision!

Lena Baron said...

HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG!!!???? I will read more tomorrow. I'm excited! Check out my blogs:)

I was just thinking about all of you today... I'm glad I'll be able to keep up to date!

Love ya!

Tina said...

Looks like a good time. Welcome back!

Nat said...

We caved and got a dog in January. He has to be an outside dog, because we've got allergies. I am so glad we got the dog! He loves the boys and they love him. I would just suggest starting with a puppy. That way the puppy grows up with the kids, and the kids will love him while he is small, and they won't be afraid of him when he is big. I hope that made sense!

vesta said...

we never had a dog in the house, yes we had alot of fond memories with the dog but they are work. buying dog food, poop (we were on a farm so it didn't matter, but I can't imagine in your little backyard), finding someone to watch it on vacay, going to the vet, possible destruction to your yard, barking...personally I like cats better.