Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun News and Food Frenzy Friday

Last night Jacob went in the potty!!! Well I guess I should say on. He grabbed his diaper and said potty. He has done this a couple times and I'd humor him and put him on the toilet (doesn't hurt to get him used to the idea right? He'll be two next month) Well as I was getting a diaper from his room he peed all over the seat. I've never been so excited to clean up pee before.

Well as for the names we still don't know but THANKS for all your ideas and responses. Don't worry Steph, I would never "steal" a name if you really liked it. Tina, Stacy is my sister in laws name and LOL Leanne on "Serenity my foot" he he. I keep bringing up Abigail to Kevin and he keeps forgeting it and says "whats that "A" name you keep mentioning you like?" So maybe that's not a good sign? Anyway thanks again for all your comments. If you think of anymore names we would love to hear them. :)

I haven't posted a recipe for awhile so I thought I better post one. Sorry if it's a repeat, I haven't been keeping track I guess I should eh?

Bacon Chicken Alfredo
Ingredients:
1 pkg fettuccine- cooked
1 lb. sliced bacon, diced
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken cubed
1/4 tsp. both salt and pepper
1 jar (16 oz) prepared Alfredo sauce
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
In skillet cook bacon- remove and reserve 3 Tbs. drippings. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in drippings. Stir fettuccine into skillet and add Alfredo sauce, seasonings and bacon. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tina said...

The potty story is great, and I'm going to be super jealous if you end up with 2 kids that potty train themselves. Ha!
The recipe looks awesome too! I'll have to try that one.

Steph said...

Yay for Jacob! And that looks so yummy I will have to make it. And...thanks, I appreciate you not "stealing" my favorite name. And I can't wait to hear what you name her!

Sharane said...

Hurray for Jacob! And he isn't even two yet? Awesome! Emma just turned two and she is interested, but every time I put her on the toilet nothing happens. We'll keep tryin' :). Also, I thought of a couple other names. Sophie, Chloe, Adelynn,
Amelia, Isabelle, Maggie, Molly.
How about Renesme ? Kidding! :)

-Sharane

PITT STOP said...

Potty Training is hard to begin with, so just be glad he is doing it himself. Raelynn decided to train her self 1 week before the big move to Arizona last year. I twas great, but not so great timing, the drive was very rough.

About the baby names maybe she will give herself a different name when she is being blessed, after all that is what Bruce did (from what I was told by Rhea before she passed). She said that she picked out some name (I forget what it was), as Milan was giving the baby a blessing, he was about to say the name chosen by Rhea, but Milan said a different name, she was upset. Later when the blessing was said and done, she asked what had happened, Milan replied that he didn't change it, He got a prompting to say Bruce's current name. So Rhea accepted it, knowing that Bruce chose his name. I thought that was pretty nifty. Sorry for such a long reply. Have fun. Good luck on the delivery and fast healing.