Friday, November 28, 2008

Cabbage and Bandaids

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I wanted to post this poem on Thanksgiving but of course my routine is a little crazier than normal.

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

The way I stuffed myself I'm sure it won't he he. Okay as to the Title of this post, I am now very grateful for Cabbage. Why you ask? One of my friends once told me that to ease engorgement you could use cabbage leaves in your bra. I've tried it this time and it works. As for bandaids, I was nursing BriLynn and Jacob said owie and ran to the bathroom to get me a bandaid, I thought it was funny.

Here is another picture of BriLynn, with clothes on and her eyes open :)

15 comments:

Trina said...

She's so beautiful! Those first few days of nursing can be so painful. I'm glad the cabbage worked and Jacob is cute to want to fix the "owie."

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I never tried cabbage but it would have been nice.
She is so adorable, you are so blessed.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

She's so so so cute!

Our Crazy Family said...

She is so very very cute!!!

Shell said...

Darling! Congratulations! See you at storytime.

Emily said...

Congratulations on the new baby girl. I like the name you chose. I'm glad everything went well.

Kellee said...

I used cabbage to dry up when I found out I couldn't nurse Luke. It really did work...so don't use too much :)

She is beautiful and I love the name. Congratulations!

Tina said...

She sure is cute. Can't wait to see her. The band aid thing is funny!

Crystal said...

I'm probably just repeating what everyone has said but it's true. She is so cute. I also had to laugh about the band aid thing that is so funny!!

Nat said...

Cabbage huh? I'll have to try that one. Oh wait...I'm not nursing! LOL about the bandaid!

Ha ha ha! The verification word is "hooters"!

Steph said...

I really can't wait to hold BriLynn. She's so cute! So glad about the cabbage leaves. And no I won't be at candy days. I hadn't heard about it, so...that's why I won't be going. But I'm excited to see you guys at the Christmas party!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

She is so cute Sandra! I can't believe you were at church yesterday. I see how you work...have a baby one day and back to normal the next. I'm a little jealous! Congrats!

Raelynn said...

Seeing your little BriLynn makes me want a little girl of my own!! Congrats again.. She is so sweet! I was so glad to see you at church.. and you are a great example to me about being a mom.. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I am so trying that!

Lena Baron said...

Wow! She seems really alert. She's so cute! I'm excited to see all of you at the Christmas party!