Friday, October 3, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

I'm so excited for this weekend!!! I love to stay at home and hear the Prophet and Apostles. It's a bonus to also get Kevin home with no meetings to go to (well except the Priesthood session of course) Plus I won't have to deal with four crazy kids in Sacrament. Do you have your kids watch? We try to have them sit through one session each day. It's tough for them, sometimes it's tough for me ZZZZZZZZZZZ (if you know what I mean) so I can't get mad at them for not paying complete attention. Good thing it comes out in the Ensign huh? Well since it's officially fall I thought I would share this recipe I got from my friend Heather. It's easy and yummy. Especially Al La Mode

Apple Oatmeal Crisp
6 firm apples peeled, cored and cut in 1/4 inch slices
Juice of 1 lemon (3 Tbs. lemon Juice)
1/4 cup water, apple juice or 7 up
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (don't melt before)
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup regular oats
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Mix together first three ingredients. Place in a buttered 9 inch round cake pan. Double if in a 9x13 pan. Using an electric mixture blend (at low speed) sugar, butter, flour, oats, Cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg till crumbly. Scatter evenly on top of apples. Bake @ 350 for 1 hr. Let me know what you think if you try it.

8 comments:

Nat said...

We love apple crisp! I just made a pan (doubled the recipe) when we fed the missionaries last week. We had it with homemade icecream and topped with homemade carmel sauce. YUMMY! I made that huge pan, and it was gone that fast!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yum! It is in the oven as we speak! Thanks for the recipe!

Tina said...

Sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

sounds yummy. thought i would check out your blog. i ran on to it by the graves blog and theres by jez and trina and theres.... you get the picture. great to see your family. if you don't remember us check out our blog. Brandi Wassom

Steph said...

That looks so yummy! I might have to try it!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the new recipe.

Jessica said...

I tried this last night, and everyone loved it. We put vanilla ice cream on top, and carmel syrup. It was delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I have one of those corer, slicer, peeler things, and the kids loved to help make it. Its always fun when they want to get involved and help.

Amber said...

Mmm....that sounds so good. I really love Apple Crisp. Have you ever tried adding pears in? It's yummy!