Thursday, October 16, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY


I tried these out on Sunday and my kids loved them. They were super easy and fun. It was neat to watch them puff into balls when dropped into the oil. What can I say, it doesn't take much to entertain me.

Sugared Doughnut Holes

1-1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbs. butter
Oil for deep frying
Confectioners sugar

*In a bowl combine dry ingredients. In another sm. bowl melt butter, add milk and egg. Add to dry mixture and mix well. Heat oil to 375. Drop by heaping tsp. full five or six at a time. Fry until browned about 1-2 minutes turning once. Drain on paper towels and roll in sugar. It makes a few dozen. These are very snacky, let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

These sound so yummy...extra pounds be darned, I'm tryin' them!

Tina said...

Food Frenzy Friday posted on a THURSDAY??? What is this world coming too? haha... j/k.
I think I'll be trying them too! Yummy!

Steph said...

That looks so good! It's probably good I don't have a deep fryer!

Jessica said...

We mad them last night, and dropped them off at the neighbors for the phantom ghost treats for Halloween. That wasn't before we had a few samples. They were yummy!