Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How to get Children up in the Morning

This morning Kevin told me he was going to wake Danika up early. Why? Because she wanted to play game cube by herself before the boys woke up. He woke her up and turned it on. Not two minutes had passed that Andrew woke up. "I heard that sound" were the words out of his mouth. Five minutes later Luke was awake and claiming "I want to play." So I figure I need to find an alarm clock that plays the Star Wars theme and has the sound of light sabors swinging in the background, then we won't have a problem getting them up. On another note, we got the boy's room painted on Saturday. We found a mistint at Lowes for 10 bucks. It's was a high quality paint that would have sold for 30 and went on really well. The picture doesn't do the color justice. Oh and overlook the red valence, we will put a different one up. We are going to go get some big sports stickers to put on the wall. All we have left is our room and two bathrooms then the whole house will have been painted. Woo hoo.

5 comments:

Nat said...

If you ever find that alarm clock, please, please let me know! I need one of those too!

Jessica said...

I would like one too. I love the room, we are in the beginning process of painting. I think it will look so good with the big stickers. How fun to be almost done!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Great idea! I think my kids would get up to Mario Kart.

Tina said...

The alarm clock thing is funny! Too bad Danika didn't much solo time. lol! The room looks good too. Bravo for getting it all done!

Crystal said...

The room looks good. I bet your excited to almost be done! I think its funny that just hearing that got all of them to get up! :)