Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Am I crazy?

Since BriLynn is four months I wanted to post this picture again, it's just so stinkin fun, it makes me laugh. Today I took BriLynn (4 months) and Luke (4 yrs.) in for their checkups. Luke got his kindergarten shots. He didn't want to get them but I figured it would be more traumatic to wait till next year. It was pretty crazy, I need to bring something to entertain them next time. I don't want to bring snacks because I'm kinda paranoid about them touching stuff in those rooms where sick kids have been and then putting their hands in their mouths.
After we were done we took a trip on the elevator because of course kids think this is the funnest ride ever and for some reason pushing the button gives them an adrenalin rush. As we were hopping on and off I got some funny looks. It may be in my head but I feel like sometimes people look at me like I'm crazy.
At one point we were waiting with an older couple, as Jacob went to push the up button the guy started getting mad at him and telling him not to touch it. It made me upset. Like he is going to hurt anything. Has anyone ever reprimanded your kids when you didn't think they needed to or it wasn't necessary?

7 comments:

Shantel said...

Yes. It pretty funny. Mostly when it comes from someone who has no children. Usually that is the case. The ones that REALLY think they know what they are talking about - dont have any. It makes me smile. People are such blessings!

Scoresbys said...

That's a good attitude. It makes me mad. I'm not a fan of people who feel free to discipline my kids when I'm present. So I'm curious about what you did. Did you say anything or just let it go?

Heather said...

I have had several people reprimand my kids when it is totally unnecessary and that is one thing that can set me off faster than anything else. I don't really ever say anything in front of the kids, but I am fuming inside!!

Nat said...

Yes, and it drives me CRAZY!! Nothing gets me more upset than that. I think Shantel has an awesome attitude. I need to be more like that.

The Mann Clann said...

Nothing turns me into Mother Bear faster than someone else reprimanding my kids. But I do have to tell you, it's my kids favorite thing to ride the "alligator"(that's what they call the elevator at the Budge Clinic). Usually people think it's cute they find so much joy in something so simple. That man must have just gotten some bad news from his doctor - let's hope he needs to have a colonoscopy!JK;)

Jessica said...

I like Angie's comment! Nothing bothers me more that when people try to parent your kids with you standing right there!!! I am curious what you did too?

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

Yes Max was put in his place once and it just happened to be at the Hospital...I had barely had Samson and had all three kids and Max was having a hard time sitting still in the chair and this older man felt like it was his place to take care of it...GGGGGGGgggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr! I was burning up inside but didn't dare to tell him how I felt...but like Mary said next time I will be the one to handle it it definitely was not his place.