Monday, March 9, 2009

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!


Last night the boys were playing on Danika's bed, Jacob fell and hit his head and cracked it open. He split it pretty deep. This is the first time any of our kids have cut themselves that bad so we didn't know if it warranted stitches or not. Well we took him in and they were going to do stitches but after they had numbed it and cleaned it out it could be pushed together pretty easily. The doctor said it was good that it was a horizontal cut and not vertical. We decided to have them glue it instead. I'm glad I don't have to go back to get stitches taken out, I just have to wait to take the tape off it for five days. All I can say is NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!!!

10 comments:

Nat said...

Ouch!

Ellen Oates said...

I am glad that he did not have to get stitches either. It looks like it hurts though. Keep those monkeys off the bed!

Felicia said...

Oh no!!! But congratulations on making it this long without stitches. We've done stitches four times now, and with all of them it was very obvious that they needed stitches.

Dillon had his nose "glued" (right between his nostrils) and we had to have it re-glued twice...I hesitate to tell you this, but the little bottle of repair glue we had to get was over $100 a tube.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Ethan had to have his little cheek glued together. It worked out pretty well. I thought it was weird...glue? But it was fine. He does still have a scar but I am sure that stitches would have been worse.

I am sorry you had to go through that.

Steph said...

Oh man! That's a bummer. He's lucky he didn't need stitches. Those are NO fun.

Shanell said...

Oh, such a boy! Much more to come, I am sure. Boys don't seem to be able to help themselves.

Lena Baron said...

Goodness Gravy!! I hope the glue holds and all goes well!!:)

Tina said...

OUCH! Poor little guy. Glad to hear that no stitches were involved.

Karin Shannon said...

Oh that is to bad. I had a few of those taped together when I was little. It will heal good. It is amazing how much fun jumping on the bed can be compared to the horrible jarring stop at the end.

nadine said...

Poor little guy. Domminiq jumped on my couch once and my husband left the garage door opener laying around. Well domminiq hit his head on it and then we I thought that he would have to go to the emergency room. Since there was so much blood. But he only had to get it taped as well. I am glad that your little guy didn't have to get stitches either. But then how many times do we tell them? well hopefully your son will listen to you. Since mine still wont. oh well i guess they are just kids right.