Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You have got to be kidding!!!

On Monday I mowed the back lawn since the grass was so long. Today.....I'm shoveling?
So not cool! Anyway, since you may be inside for the next couple days. Make some sugar cookies. A lot of you asked if I could share the recipe I had so here you go. Let me know what you think. Use anything you want for the frosting.

Old fashion soft sugar cookies

1/2 cups shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. each vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon
3 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream

Mix first four ingredients on the list. Add a little flour, soda and salt then a little sour cream...until both are gone. Roll out to about 1/4 inch or bigger. Cut out and bake at 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes. Ovens are all different so watch them. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

This weather drives me crazy!

Felicia said...

We woke up to a similar scene...yuck! Gurneys sent my strawberries and I wonder how I'm going to plant them in the snow!

Company of 5 said...

I can't wait to try the sugar cookie recipe!

Raelynn said...

I can't believe it's SNOWING!! What the heck!! It's SPRING TIME!!