Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day


So I think my kids are a little young to understand the pranks I have played today so far. It was lots of fun to watch them try to drink their orange juice (orange jello). The looks on their faces was priceless. They knew something wasn't right. Then I told them it was time they started having more chores. I pulled out a chore chart I made. I told Andrew his new chore was to balance the checkbook. He just looked at me and said "What does balance mean?" Then I told Danika her chore was to hand wash the clothes and to hold them outside till they dry. She just said "why can't I use the washing machine?" Daddy's job was to lick 100 stamps for the mail and mine was to cut the grass in the front yard with nail clippers. Even when I mentioned BriLynn's job would be to make the beds everyday they still didn't get it....SHE'S A BABY! HA HA April Fools... Oh well, I'm thinking in a few years it will be funner to prank them. I tried to prank Kevin but he got it early. Last night after he came home from his meetings I put a parking ticket on his truck. Well I didn't expect him to go back outside but he found it. He said at first he thought it was real and that he got it at the church but after reading that the fine was $100,000,000, he knew is was a joke. The violation was not using the vehicle to get ice cream for the family. Oh well, I hope you all have a Happy April Fool's Day and that you get to pull some good pranks.

7 comments:

Nat said...

Sweet! Thanks for the awesome ideas! I was so umprepared for this April Fool's Day. You're a lifesaver!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Too cute! I need to think of some good ones for dinner! The kids will get a kick out of it!
Thanks for the ideas!
Have a happy day!

Trina said...

That's funny. Your kids are too cute. I love their questions back to you. You are such a fun mom and wife. :) I haven't done a prank on anyone in my family for years.

Lena Baron said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! I LOVE IT! Thanks for making me smile!:)

overlyactive said...

I really need to have more fun in life! You are awesome Sandra, thanks for keeping me inspired to try new things.

Raelynn said...

That's funny!! I need to start playing some pranks!! But Joel's the biggest prankster.. So i don't want him to pull stuff out of his sleeve.. haha.. But i think next year the boys will be a little older to get pranked!! haha

Anonymous said...

That is really funny! haha!