Friday, July 25, 2008

Birthday's and Food Frenzy Friday

Well I guess I'm on post number 102 or 103 so hooray for me. I'm not as creative in coming up with ways to celebrate making it to 100 or any other number. Speaking of celebrations, we have had three invitations to parties this week. All birthday parties so you know what that means.....birthday gifts. It starts to add up $$ wise. Anyway I go to get the gifts with the kids and they start to look for things they like. "Sorry, were not here to get you something" They should know by now that they only get gifts when it's their birthday or Christmas. So of course they start to make a list for Christmas already. Danika has even prayed to tell Heavenly Father what she wants. The problem is as soon as Christmas comes I'm sure it will have changed.
I forgot that today was a Friday, so I'll add a recipe for a yummy Carmel Cake.

German Chocolate Cake Mix
14 oz. craft Carmel's
1 can Evap. milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 bag chocolate chips

Combine cake mix and butter(melted). Then 1/3 cup evaporate milk. Stir till holds together. Press half into greased casserole dish. Cook for 6 minutes at 350 while that cooks mix 1/3 cup evaporated milk and Carmel's in a pan to melt. Once the cake is done put chocolate chips on and then Carmel mixture. Add the rest of the cake mix and bake for 15-18 more minutes. Enjoy a chocolaty Carmel heaven.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Funny. Bridget is constantly asking for things lately. One of my favorites responses is "I guess you'll have to ask for that for your birthday" - *sigh* maybe I'm encouraging the early list making??

Raelynn said...

That's kids for you.. We started counting how many times the boys ask for things.. If they ask 3 or more times we buy it, but if they don't ask for it 3 or more times we don't get it.. It's easy and hard at the same time!! We have to remember...