Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Did you know?

I love waking up to the sound of thunder! That's not sarcastic, I really do. I'm also grateful for the rain since the sprinkling system isn't done yet. It's nice that it's coming today since they can't work on it due to meetings tonight. Tomorrow looks like the rap up day woo hoo. Thanks Tayli for letting us use your husband yesterday! Well I received this in an email, I thought it was interesting. I don't know for sure if it's all true but I'm willing to try it. If you know if they work let me know.

Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store.
If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.

Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil.
It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!

Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating.
Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.

For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints
In double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting. (That sounds good, I'm going to try this one!)

Easy Deviled Eggs
Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.

Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of
Your car . When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!

Get Rid of Ants
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't
digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed! (Hey Tina remember talking about this while walking?)

There's more but I don't want to make this too long. I hope your all having a fabulous week so far. Now I better go wake up my family!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I am for sure trying the Cornmeal thing. And those brownies sound really really yummy!

Kristi Rowley said...

I agree with the thunder and rain this morning! I just layed in bed with my eyes shut and smiled!

Nat said...

I got that email too. I had heard about the lint screen before, and I've been cleaning it with soapy water every few months for the last three years. It works! My clothes dry much faster, and once I started cleaning the screen, my lint even looked different!

I also like waking up to thunder. I especially love it when four (sometimes five!) little boys come running into our bed to "snuggle away the fright!"

Tina said...

I love stuff like that. Keep it coming.

Guess what? I finally posted 10 months late.

tina m

Tina said...

I read your post this morning. When it stopped raining I went out to throw stuff in the recycling, and the ants were out in full force - SO, I went in and got some cornmeal. I'll let you know if it works.
...If it does maybe we should take a container with us when we go walking. Rid the whole neighborhood of their any infestation. LOL! Hm...

I've also seen similar e-mails. Nat's comment on the lint screen makes me want to try that too!

Anonymous said...

Not yet but I am hoping to get on with IHC again. Hoping I applied for like 6 positions.

Raelynn said...

I like gaining knowledge about stuff like that... The bananna thing works.. I hate ripe banannas.. weird i know..