Friday, July 18, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY


I wanted to share this recipe for rolls I received from my friend Trudy. They are super easy to make and very snacky! I have already made them twice this week.
Mix well: 1 cup hot water, 1/2 cup margarine melted and 3/8 cup sugar.
Then add 1 Tbs. yeast, cover and let rise for five minutes.
Then add 1 egg, 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Mix this well (it will still be runny) Add 2 more cups flour and cover. Let rise for 60 min. To make them into crescent rolls, roll out dough into a circle and cut with a pizza cutter like a pizza. Roll from large end to small. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.

On another note this is how the west side of our front yard looks like right now.We had someone come to tap into the water line. We are putting in a sprinkling system which I'm excited for. I have wanted one for five years! It will be so nice not to move sprinklers around. The kids thought the backhoe ripping into the dirt was awesome. I must admit I had fun watching it too!

9 comments:

Trina said...

Those look yummy. I'm always looking for good recipes. Good luck with putting in the sprinklers. I'm sure you will really appreciate them once they're in.

Tina said...

I'll have to try those rolls... I was thinking of making rolls this morning, but hadn't picked a recipe. Sounds yummy!!

We saw the backhoe in your yard this morning. Hope it all goes smoothly!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Those rolls are super delicious! We made them for dinner last night. They were so easy, and sooooo yummy. Everyone wanted seconds and thirds on the rolls. :)

LeeAnne said...

The picture of your side yard is hilarious :) I'm glad you're getting sprinklers put in- I'm sure it'll be nice not to have to rotate a hose sprinkler all over your yard! The bread looks yummy, we'll have to try it!

Tina said...

I tried the rolls. They were really yummy.. and really easy! Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

Hey those rolls look yummy but Im mess them up and I am to busy to wait that long! oh and congrats on another girl! how exciting!

Raelynn said...

Those rolls are YUMMY!! Thanks for the dinner invite.. I'll try to make them... the word is try!!
I have missed reading your blog (i've been real busy).. so i'll put all the comments in one comment...
Wow Lagoon, Abc learning, having a GIRL (Congrats), swim lessons, and much much more!! Lots of fun with Westwoods!! Your family is so CUTE!

Ellen Oates said...

Those looks just like my mom's delicious rolls. Can't wait to try your recipe.

Crystal said...

My family loved them! Thanks for the recipe. I love reading your blog. It sounds like you guys are having a fun summer and a busy one! Good luck with the sprinklers!