Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"A" Day

My friend Amy is doing this with her kids so I decided to try it. Since the kids aren't in school it was a creative way to get their brains working. You pick a letter and find things to do with it. So yesterday we started our "A Day". I probably won't do a letter a day but do it sporadically till we have the alphabet done by the time school starts up. The kids had fun thinking of "A" words. We Ate Apples with Alligators on an Airplane. The Anteater was attacking An Air balloon. Okay okay you get the point. I had the kids draw pictures of the words and this is Danika's sheet. Can find the Acorn? America? or the Ant?
Thanks for the great idea Amy, the kids had fun.

Jacob Ate Anxiously he he

7 comments:

Tina said...

It really is a clever idea.. btw, I laughed that her name is Amy.

Anyway... lol.

dancin' momma said...

What a great idea! Any good suggestions on what to do with a bored two year old and a one month old? :)

Steph said...

Seriously, you are such a great mom, I continue to be amazed by your dedication and love for you kids.

Kellee said...

What a fun idea. We'll have to try it.

Daughter of God said...

well your A day turned out really cute! We should have started at the begining with the letter A. I decided to let the kids choose the letter so of course the first letters we did were L for Logan, B for Brinsley and T for Tyler. lol Now I have to check my back blogs to see what letters we've done and haven't. :] I'm glad you liked it enough to do it with your own kids, that makes me feel good and maybe I am doing something right. :]

Daughter of God said...

oh and the hair site is
shedoeshair.blogspot.com

Nat said...

That is a great idea...we'll definitely try that one out!