Wednesday, April 9, 2008

THE DAY I WAS BORN

What a wonderful day it has been! Everything has been perfect....well except that it was snowing earlier. Danika came in this morning and this was the conversation we had
Danika: Happy Birthday Mom
Me: Thanks sweetheart, do you know how old mom is?
Danika: No
Me: I'm 28
Danika: Wow so your close to 30 like Daddys age
Me: Yes sweetheart thanks for pointing that out.
I have a wonderful hubby, he made breakfast and spent way to much on me! Thanks for everything...I LOVE YOU!
Here is a little about the year I was born
1980Prices
Bread: $0.51/loaf
Milk: $1.60/gal
Eggs: $1.33/doz
Car: $7,574
Gas: $1.22/gal
House: $76,400
Stamp: $0.15/ea
Avg Income: $23,974/yr
Min Wage: $3.10/hr
US President- Jimmy Carter
Top Songs for 1980
Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
Upside Down by Diana Ross
Another Brick In the Wall by Pink Floyd
Magic by Olivia Newton-John
Lady by Kenny Rogers
Funkytown by Lipps, Inc.
Call Me by Blondie
Starting Over by John Lennon
Rock with You by Michael Jackson
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
Hot New Toys in 1980
Magna doodle
On TV in 1980
Three's Company Soap
WKRP in Cincinnati
Dallas Taxi CHiPs
Laverne & Shirley
Magnum P.I.
Charlie's Angels

8 comments:

Felicia said...

Happy Birthday, Sandra!

I'm hitting the big 30 in a few weeks and I'm starting to feel really old...

Tina said...

Happy Birthday!!

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday!

And thanks for making me feel OLD...I'll be 32 next week. :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandra! We love you and are glad to have you as family!

Kellee said...

Happy Birthday Sandra. I'm in the old girl club with Marianne! That's okay...being older means we're wiser, right?

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Happy Birthday..hey, I still have 25 minutes until it's not your birthday anymore, right? :)

Our Crazy Family said...

Happy birthday a day late! I hope you had a good one!

Raelynn said...

Happy late birthday!