Monday, April 14, 2008

A FUN WEEKEND!

We had a great time this last weekend. It was Danikas Spring Break and we wanted to do something before she had to go back to school. We went to Baby Animal Day on Friday. The kids liked petting the animals and getting to ride the ponies. I think the bunnies were the cutest! And of course as always the candy cannon was a hit. After that we went to the Bee's game in Salt Lake. Kevin had received an email for free tickets.We got hot dogs of course and sang along to "Take me out to the ball game". We left at around 9:00 because 1. The baby was stinky and like the prepared mom I am forgot the diaper in the car. 2. It was getting really cold and 3. They were loosing pretty bad. Sad since it was their opening game. Then we went to the hotel. I think this was the kids favorite part. After a yummy continental Breakfast in the morning we went swimming in their indoor pool. Our last stop was at my Grandma Argyles this is when things went downhill. When we got there Danika said she wasn't feeling good. I thought she was just hungry since she didn't eat much breakfast or she swallowed to much pool water. But she was really not feeling good and threw up. Thankfully in the toilet but we decided to go. We grabbed a bunch of bags and came home. It must have been the same bug Andrew had because all she had to do was get everything out of her system and then it was over. By that night she was drinking water and keeping it down. Anyway I just wanted to share our fun weekend. I wish we could have fun weekends like that more often, well without the puking!

7 comments:

Daughter of God said...

sounds like you had a fun time! I like what you've done with your blog.

vesta said...

what worries me this summer is that I just went to a conference for the laboratory. Historically speaking, they stated that whenever there is a big cryptosporidum outbreak, the next year is even worse that the previous year. Salt Lake swimming pools are seriously considering banning all kids under the age of 5 in pools. I sure don't want my kids having diarrhea this year...I think we will skip the public swimming pools this year.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I guess since you were so busy I'll let it slide that you didn't put up a recipe for "food frenzy Friday"...I do look forward to Fridays. ;) It sounds like the kids had fun. Those are the kind of vacations that I remember as a kid.

Nat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellee said...

Doesn't someone always get sick while away from home? Glad you still had fun.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

looks like a fun weekend. Glad the sickness made it to the toilet! :)

Tina said...

That does sound fun. It makes me want to go off on a mini vacation. :)