Friday, April 18, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

It's around 6:45 in the morning and I should be out walking but Tina ditched me. Whats up with that Tina, you better have a good excuse he he. Well a couple items of business before I post a recipe. Next Tuesday I'll have an American Idol party. I think I'll save having a dinner till the finale. If your interested email me, post a comment or call to let me know if you can come. Hopefully the weather is nice so the kids can play in the backyard. Plan on food(snacks), friends and of course Idol :)
Okay second....the ward activity is tonight so be sure to come it's at 6:30. It's going to be a lot of fun and their will be refreshments!
Here is my recipe for today

FOLD-OVER TORTILLA BAKE
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 lg onion
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
1 cup enchilada sauce
1-2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
12 flour tortillas
2 pkgs (3 oz each) cream cheese softened
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies drained
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Cook beef and onion, drain. Stir in tomatoes, enchilada sauce, cumin, salt and pepper. Simmer for five minutes. Pour half into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish; set aside. Wrap tortillas in foil and warm at 350 for 8-10 min. Spread warm tortillas with cream cheese and top with chilies; fold in half. Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let me know what you think of it!!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Hm. That looks pretty good.

I am so sorry about this morning. When we were still in Ogden around 9:00 I tried to call you. . . your phone was busy, busy, busy. After a few failed attempts I stopped figuring I'd try again when I went to bed - then I forgot. I know, I'm sorry. I'll sleep an hour for you today. :)

Really, I am sorry. I feel bad.

Nat said...

Mmmm...looks yummy! I'll totally come for your American Idol party! Just let me know when it is, ha ha!

Raelynn said...

i might come to the ward party! but yesterday thanks for the call, that was so nice! i'm grateful i have friends in the valley.

Anonymous said...

I can attest that Tina tried to call you several times during our drive home yesterday. Each attempt was met with a frustrated-sounding, 'man alive she talks on the phone a lot!'

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Thanks for putting together an Idol party! We've got 2 soccer games that night (one of which I coach), so we might come a little late. :)

Daughter of God said...

this one was a good one too. We tried this one on sunday. We didnt' have enough tortillas so we also used corn ones and it was good with those too. I also cut the fat so I could eat some. yummy! thanks