Thursday, April 3, 2008

Temple Plant

Yesterday was a nice day, still a little cold but not bad so I got to work. I got my flowerbeds cleaned out. How is it that weeds can grow so well even when it's cold? I gave Andrew some gloves and told him what to pick, most of the time he just searched for worms. I had to continue to remind them not to step on the tulips or strawberries. I think it was funner for them when I filled the water gun and let them squirt the box elder bugs off the house. I wasn't planning on posting anything, I've been waiting for a video that Kevin said was hilarious. Unfortunately he has it on his computer at work and he's been sick so he hasn't gone into work for a few days.Anyway, till I get the video I will share the story of our Temple Plants. They are the ones closest in the picture. We got married in May at the Jordan River Temple and the gardener was on the grounds the day we were married. Kevins Grandma and Grandpa Smith saw some flowers and asked what they were. After explaining the gardener gave them one to take home. Well when it got big they gave us some starts to it. They don't remember the name of it so we call it OUR TEMPLE PLANT. I like the reminder of our special day when I see them! So just as the plant continues to flourish and grow so does our love and our family. Hey, I didn't say it wouldn't be corny! They are beautiful bushy green plants that bloom pink flowers in the summer!

4 comments:

Felicia said...

That's really neat! How fun to have that plant from your wedding day.

On to another subject: We just got a new computer and I somehow lost your e-mail address in the transfer of information from our old computer. Can you send it to me?

Kellee said...

That is a great story! I bet Anderson's could tell you what it is. They are amazing!

Where do you find the cool backgrounds for your blog?

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Nice work. That is so awesome. I love the picture of 3 of your kids. So cute.

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

That is so cute! What a good idea to breed the plant like that.