Monday, August 4, 2008

Baptism

We went to the pool for our activity tonight. The kids had so much fun, Luke actually scares me with how daring he is in the water. I was self conscious, I had bought a new Maternity swimming suit. I tried to stay in the water so I wouldn't show my cottage cheese thighs. Anyway, when we got back for FHE, I had the lesson. This months Friend magazine had a lot on Baptism. I can't believe Danika will be turning eight next March. I started to discuss what has to happen before baptism (ex: having a birthday, getting an interview from the Bishop). When I asked what happens after we get Baptised? I got an answer I didn't expect. I was expecting "we get confirmed" but instead Danika got excited and said,
"We get to wear a pretty new white dress!"

8 comments:

Tina said...

That's cute! I guess you can tell what she's looking forward too. I can't believe she'll be 8, oh my! I think she was about 4 when we moved it. And Andrew was just 2, and still saying things like "scary robot" - its crazy how quickly kids grow up.

Scoresbys said...

spoken like a true woman. hey, I've got to admit, I thought the same thing when I was baptized.

Tina said...

The other Tina said....
I cannot believe it either. I have been thinking about MaKayla turning eight. They are getting so big and MaKayla is scaring me at how "teenager" she has been acting lately.

I bet you were a very cute pregnant girl.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

The time is flying by fast. Ethan turns 8 in February!

Nat said...

That is exactly what I would have said! So funny!

Steph said...

Danika is definitely a girl! 100%! I probably would have said that too. I can't believe that she's that close to getting baptized. I assume next weeks lesson will be on the Holy Ghost...?

Crystal said...

That is so cute! The dress is always something exciting! :) I think that was one of the things I was excited for as well.

dancin' momma said...

too cute! here's the recipe you wanted:
Boil 1 can of evaporated milk for three hours. Make sure it stays covered with water the whole time.
When the three hours are up put it in the fridge for at least two hours until it is completely cooled.
Open both ends of the can and push it down onto your plate. pretty simple! It was layered with a slice of pineapple and a dash of cool whip. Yummy!