Friday, August 15, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY and the Olympics

In lew of the Olympics I thought I would throw this in
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

I have been negleting my children lately trying to finish the last book in the Twilight Series, Breaking Dawn. So I didn't plan on posting a recipe today but I put it down long enough to get online. Man her books just suck you in. Anyway onto the food. This is a fun one to make. It's a brunch braid, yummy for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
8 eggs divided
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp. butter
2 pkg Crescent rolls (I've never tried the roll recipe I posted so I'll have to next time)
1/4 lb Ham thinkly sliced
2 oz cheddar cheese shredded.

Instructions:
Preheat oven ot 375. Place cream cheese and milk in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Separate 1 egg; reserve egg white. Add the yolk and remaining seven eggs, salt and pepper to the cream cheese mixture. Melt butter in skillet and add egg mixture; cook stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set but still moist. Remove from heat and add ham and cheese.
Unroll 1 pkg of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of a cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Seal perforations. On longest side of cookie sheet, cut dough into strips 1 inches apart, 3 inches deep (there will be six inches in the center for the filling) Spoon mixture evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across filling to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Brush lightly with egg white over dough with pastry brush. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, you're strong!!

Felicia said...

I've got 100 pages left so I'm off to finish the book now.

Daughter of God said...

lol so funny!!!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I heart Jib Jab! And that one is perfect for you, because I can totally see you giving the thumbs up even after falling through the floor. :)

Trina said...

That's funny and Shauntae is right. That recipe sounds yummy. I'm so tired of all the same old stuff we eat. I need to pull out the cookbooks. :)

Steph said...

You do that quite well, and for being 6 months pregnant, you look great! All toned and buff. And Scott and I don't have season tickets for football, my parents do.