Friday, August 8, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

SALADS!!! I have two salads for you today....One somewhat healthy and the other not healthy at all j/k he he.

BLT Turkey Salad

In a large salad bowl combine:
6 cups torn romaine or leaf lettuce
4 cups cubed cooked turkey
1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1-1/2 cups each shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cucumber

Just before serving, whisk these ingredients for the dressing
1 cup (8 oz) plain yogurt
1 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder

Pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat.

This next salad I'm sure you have all had before, it's pretty darn yummy.

Candy Bar Apple Salad

1-1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 large apples, chopped
4 snickers candy bars (2.07 oz each) cut into 1/2 inch pieces

In a bowl whisk milk and pudding for two minutes. Let stand for two minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in apples and candy bars. Refrigerate until serving. Ummmmm.....

7 comments:

Tina said...

Those do sound very good. This is fun you are doing this. I get stuch in a rut on making food. We have switched our diet a lot in the last while that my brain has such a hard time coming up with new things. I will have to give them a try.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Those both sound yummy. Salad for dinner and salad for dessert!

Trina said...

You should start a Take-Out Gourmet... with delivery... hehe. Sounds yummy. I just wish I felt like making anything. The summer heat and humidity makes it hard to want to be in the kitchen. (The clean up is the worst part I think...)

Nat said...

Mmmm...yummy! Hey, as long as the word salad is in it, it has to be healthy! :)

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

They both look really good. Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

I love Food Frenzy Fridays, I look forward to that, keep the good recipes coming!

Tina said...

I look forward to trying both of them. Thanks for posting!