Thursday, August 7, 2008

A New Goal

I've been awful at remembering birthdays. So I have a plan of action. I'm going to sit down the first Sunday of every month and write birthday cards to all my nieces, nephews, sister or brother in laws, siblings and grandparents who have a birthday in that month. I remember getting a birthday card every year from my aunt when I was younger and I think it stems back to that. Just to know that someone is thinking of you. I bought a card organizer from Hallmark a few years ago intending to do it but it never happened. I got cards at the dollar store. So it's not costing us a bunch to do it. Who wouldn't want a funny looking dog card right?

6 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

I tell myself every year that I am going to do this. I do good till the end of March. This year I was determined. I have gotten cards sent...some have been a month late, but I have done it. Let me know how it goes and if you have any hints on how to keep up let me know.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I have been better at this in the past and it really made a difference. My nieces and nephews felt so special and I always got BIG hugs when I saw them.
I need to start again!! It was great for me and everyone who I sent a card to!

Trina said...

I have never been good at this either. That is a great plan. I just need to get everyone's special days written down to begin with. :)

Nat said...

That is an awesome idea! I just might take that one!

Tina said...

Great Idea. I'm not too good about doing this either. Way to be on top of things!

Tina said...

Way to be the favorite aunt! I know I had big plans to do the same years ago...but...I guess it is never too late.